Monday, April 14, 2008

Today...

One of my first and favorite poems... Can't believe I hadn't put it up.. To my friends who have read it before... It is Now complete! :)

Today I thought it shall all be fine,
One little chat and then he’s mine.
Today I will say what I feel,
Today I’ll call.

Today I thought I’ll stand by and wait,
Hold on to it until its too late.
Today I’ll hang on to all I have,
Today I’ll hope.

Today I heard what he had to say,
Hurt myself till I couldn’t move away.
Today I saw hatred in those eyes,
Today a part of me died.

Today I saw him walk by me,
There was something in his eyes I cannot see.
Today I wonder what I see,
Today, I decide.

Today is my day,
I’ll let go and leave.
Today I will try to come back and breathe.
Today I’ll drink.

Today I swore to do one last thing,
No hope, no love, no jealousy.
Today, I go against my principles for you,
Today I smoked.

Today I think of memories,
But happy is what I want to be,
Today I take a step, trip and stand up,
Today I try to move on.

Today its 3a.m - neither morning nor night,
My weird feeling comes to my mind,
Today you choose to message again,
Today I wake up.

Today I realize I've moved on,
No looking back and feeling down,
Today friendship is what I feel,
Today I'm happy.


5 comments:

Parnika said...

ya..now its complete!

Abhi said...

wow. beautiful. says a lot of things i needed to hear. thanks.

p.s. just saw your blogroll, and am so proud of myself. lol.

Sudeeptha said...

haha! and im glad it was something u needed to hear!

Cheers! :)

Sumathi Nagesh said...

love the part that says "today i m happy"...wish to see that always...:)

/M\

blah! said...

u smoked?? was that metamphorically or did you?